Monday, November 10, 2008

Broke-Back weekend

Hurray for the Heber City Cowboy Festival! To prepare adequately for the events of such a gathering, Scott and I stayed the night in Park City before the literary enlightenment. Washington School Inn, an abandoned school house turned Bed & Breakfast. Not only did we stay in the most amazing room (fireplace), but there were homemade cookies and chili awaiting our arrival. We woke up to the smell of homemade biscuits and gravy, orange juice, yogurt, granola... did I mention it was all homemade, and organic. The only down side was the fact that Scott and I had to sleep in the largest bed in the world. I pretty much had to use the school's old tin-can phone with string to talk to him (I'm keeping it in the era)! But it was worth it to see mountain men of little words, smoking pipes, with 60 year old beards; to see cowboys lethargically draped across the bleacher with...is that a cigarette in their hand... oh wait no, its a cell phone! Yes, even cowboys have fallen under the communication spell of texting. There were singers, players, and storytellers offering their oral skills to the enjoyment of everyone present. All in all, great weekend with the cowboy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

dude...change the name of that post! I thought maybe Scott went on a date with a boy! Glad you had fun. I really like the way you write!