
School's over, Julie has graduated, and we are heading to Boston. Before we take off, we stop by California to hang out with the family for a bit. Just one flight away from the fam! Thanks to SouthWest that flight is possible (and affordable)! So here is my shout-out to possibly the most uncomfortable, but most affordable, airline! I love SouthWest - mainly because they give me a free roundtrip about every 18 months!

In California, I finally got to show Scott Mom and Dad's favorite restaurant - Cafe Gratitude! This place is just the best. Located in Berkeley, its all vegan. Completely raw, completely natural! It's the quintessential hippy Berkeley. All the names on the menu are real self-esteem boosters. A vegan mint milkshake (which is the best) is called: I am Beautiful. So when you order your food you say "I am Beautiful, and.... I am wonderful" and there are like 50 others! When the server comes out with your food he usually will place it at your table telling you that you are beautiful and wonderful, or he will ask "Who is Wonderful?" - "Oh, I am!"
Anyway, its a really fun restaurant. We went with Babes, Danny D and Steph, and Dad.
Us with dear, dear daddy! And then the good-old brother-in-laws! How happy they look to be at such a "frou-frou" place!


No comments:
Post a Comment