We have decided to listen to the 7th Harry Potter book and it’s the best decision yet! It calms my nerves. I have these incredible nerves when it comes to road trips, I don’t what it is, but literally every half tank we have to stop so I can use the restroom. I get so nervous in the car and drink, drink, drink. Scott is trying to ration out my water intake, but it didn’t really help.
The most exciting thing about our first day. We passed Cheyenne. Literally though. We wanted to stop there for some dinner – who knew how small it was. I was picturing some big cowboy-happening town. Oh no, it’s barely there. But when we were finally able to locate the city – it was adorable. Very small, very very small, and there were these gigantic cowboy boots everywhere!
We had dinner at the little bar and ate the best wings I have ever tasted! Scott even had a buffalo burger – we promised Grandma Barbra we’d eat one when we found it – she still regrets never trying one!
Then, back into the pouring rain. We had to pass on side trips to the Dinosaur Graveyard and other exciting places because the rain was soooo bad. Then came the snow. But nothing could dampen my spirits (or my nerves) because we had Harry Potter!
We stopped off in North Platte for the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment