Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Festivities

Catty and I visited a local orchard today where we could pick pumpkins and apples. I don't think I've ever been able to go and physically pull the pumpkin out of the ground and have to tear the stump(no idea if this is what its called). Catty was great at knocking apples out of trees like a Cy Young winner while I either collected them from the ground or climbed a tree to get the best one.

They did suggest against climbing trees and I understood why when I was hanging by three fingers fifteen feet from the ground.

Last thing to note was how fantastic the cider and donuts were. Ridiculous. It's been awhile since I've had cider...Julie lady used to get it all the time. We left with a half gallon, 8 donuts and 2 18 pound pumpkins.

Altogether we love fall here. Pumpkin carving next!

Scott has such great aim!




In about 10 seconds, he almost breaks his arm.
Look at those incredible colors behind us!







Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments: