We stopped off at Winter Quarters and were shocked to see a Temple right there. It was beautiful! While in the visitor center Scott and I got to push a hand cart with some weights in it. It wasn’t too bad until the Sister put a rock in our way and we had to try to get the cart over a 1 inch rock! It opened up the trials of the pioneer trek to me so much more and my sense of awe and gratitude was strengthened!
We decided to camp for the night – such a great idea! It was only $6 and all we had were quarters. I grabbed my bike and while Scott set up the tent I went site to site looking for someone to exchange quarters for dollars. I found a great couple who had just been talking about their need for quarters to do laundry. How perfect! I got back and the tent was masterfully put together – what a great guy! We read some scriptures and ate some snacks by the light of a little lantern…. It was so fun!
Our little campsite:
1 comment:
I'm glad you are writting about your trip. It was so fun to see you! I love you!
Post a Comment